WHO WE ARE…
The Ludwig von Mises Institute-Europe was established on 12th October, 2001 as a non-partisan think-tank fostering an open and free society. It bears the name of Ludwig von Mises, one of the most prominent libertarian economists of the whole XX century, and one of the main representatives of the Austrian School.
The Ludwig von Mises Institute-Europe primarily aims at:
– Exchanging and promoting the principal ideas and merits of Classical Liberalism with a particular focus on the ideas of the Austrian School,
– Bridging the gap between “Brussels” and the European citizens and between Eurocrats and Eurosceptics
– Acting as an interface between top academics, senior business leaders; respected media commentators,and leading politicians across the EU and in Brussels
– Teaching young professionals and students from all over the world to learn about the workings of the European Institutions
– Connecting world-wide liberals and organizations at national and international levels
…AND WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation, the Ludwig von Mises Institute-Europe has successfully organized a variety of conferences, symposia, discussions, targeted dinner debates and lunch debates, discussing topics like: The growing role of the EU, Knowledge & Innovation; Transatlantic Relations; Tax Competition; Better Regulation and Islam and the EU.
The Ludwig Von Mises Institute-Europe is dedicated to bridging the gap between believers in the free market across artificial boundaries that often divide academic, business, and political circles. Members include former Prime Ministers, MEPs, former commissioners, key politicians, senior academics, business leaders and prominent journalists.
Ludwig Von Mises Institute-Europe has as the sole objective to create prosperity for every individual, while initiating new and unaccustomed ways of analysis and debate in order to ensure Europe’s future prosperity and security in the global village.